In Spring of 2018 we changed the names for the bulk of our beard care scents. This was not an easy decision for us, knowing that this could easily lead to confusion among our established customers.
Of any of the scents we have created since our launch, all are still available outside of special holiday scents. There names may very well be different but the formulas behind them are the same.
A contributing reason for the change was to shorten and simplify our naming convention. Some names were getting rather long making it hard to read on labels. Through consultation with many followers and supporters we decided that it was a necessary move to do now, while we are still gaining exposure, to make any changes to our scent names. Our idea is to name the scent based upon a geographical location of a key component of the scent when possible. Below is a list of all the names affected.
- Classic Spice is now ATHENS
- Bay & Rosemary is now FIRENZE
- Tobacco Leaf is now HAVANA
- Exotic Spice is now JAKARTA
- Teak & Sandalwood is now KUNUNURRA
- Bourbon & Sandalwood is now LEXINGTON
- Tea Tree & Lemongrass is now OCEANIA
- WOODSMAN stays the same
We also introduced a couple new scents at the time of the changes:
- OXFORD – was first introduced in J&L Apothecary products as Cedar & Leather
- TAROCCO – a bitter citrus scent named for the Blood Orange varietal
This year we also introduced EXPANDED ASSORTMENT options to many Beard Care items. This allows you to select from a number of additional scents that are all made to order. They do carry a small premium to purchase but it allows us to give you more options without us having to lock in inventory for this more specialized scents. A couple of our current scents will migrate to Expanded Assortment once inventory is depleted.