Our mission is to make this information useful and easily understood. We respect your time and wish to ensure you have the most positive experience with us as you can. Most of our policies in regards to products and services are flexible as they are guidelines to build consistency. They are meant to protect you and permit a building of trust.
We take your privacy very seriously here at J&L. You are entrusting us with a lot of your personal information and we do not wish for it to end up in the wrong hands. Here are the key points of how we will preserve and protect your personal information.
We define personal information as: name, address, phone numbers, email addresses, credit card/payment information, order history, order details and social media information (when shared); or any other information you may provide that is connected to or descriptive of you.
We use 3rd party systems for payment verification and for shipping via the United States Postal Service. These systems only obtain the specific information absolutely necessary to perform the services they provide. We never have access to your credit card information, all details related to your payment is processed by Stripe Inc. for the sole purpose of verifying your identity and retrieve authorization to process payment. In turn, we only receive a transaction authorization code with your order information when payment is accepted. USPS only uses your provided address to provide accurate delivery of your order and does so in accordance with United States laws and regulations.
A note on Payment Processing: If your payment method is rejected for any reason, there is nothing we can do through our channels. As mentioned previously, we never see your payment details. Until payment is fully processed and accepted by our payment gateway, we cannot take any action to resolve a rejected payment. If there is an issue where your payment is being declined or failing to be accepted; please contact your card holding bank. If the cause is not account balance related, it can be any number of fraud protection features being exercised to protect your credit and your bank will have more details than we can legally obtain.
Customers may also opt to be a part of our irregularly scheduled newsletters sent through MailChimp. You can opt out at any time through the link at the bottom of a received email, through MailChimp directly or by contacting us through customer support. Information linked to your identity is name and email address as provided by you. You are free to use any name you wish so to not be easily identified. We strongly encourage first name only, last initial if you wish.
NEWSLETTER AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS
J&L Pogonotrophics has two core mailing lists used for bulk communications with our customers and interested parties. Currently we use MailChimp for maintaining our contact list to support sending any newsletters, as noted above. This newsletter should not exceed 12 issues per year and are only sent when there is accumulative quantity of information we wish to share or to promote a major event in regards to marketing.
Our other mailing list is not genuinely a list; but consists strictly of customers who have made a purchase through our website. This list does not support broad canvassing, but serves to follow-up after an order has been placed to provide promotional discounts for future purchases or to request a review of an item you recently purchased. Emails you receive from this account is handled separately from our Newsletter list and is tied directly to our eCommerce platform and is serviced by Jilt marketing. The order related discounts are auto-generated when triggered by your order or accumulative order history. These are considered “Order Related Communication” and are not part of any repeating email.
To be removed from either mailing list you must opt out by using the link provided within the respective emails. If you are unable to find such a link, please send us an email and we will manually remove you from any list.
Other communication you may receive from us would be directly related to a current order in processing or follow up from an inquiry you initiated. It is not possible to opt out of these forms of communication as they are essential to processing a transaction or are an exchange you created. If we are unable to interact with you in these situations we will have no means to obtain necessary information from you needed to process your order, and we reserve the right to cancel and refund your order if we cannot rely upon this means of communication.
We love hearing from you; our preferred method of communication is email. Often we are not able to take phone calls as we are in positions where we are away from a phone or are engaged in production of our products. Email allows us to reply promptly at our earliest opportunity. If you do call us, do expect to get our voicemail. Please leave a clearly spoken message and a number, date and time it is best for us to call you.
YOUR USER ACCOUNT
You are invited to create an account to track your order history, save addresses and other personal information. This information is protected by a password you create to guard against unwanted viewing by others. We have limited access to information you provide within your account. The only information we can view is your billing and shipping addresses, name, phone number and email in relation to any orders placed under any specific account.
We cannot access your password and is never viewable by us. If you are unable to access your account you must go through the process to reset your password provided during a failed login attempt. We can send you an email manually if you are not prompted to start the process when attempting to log in. Please contact email@example.com to initiate this process. An immediate response from us will not be received if outside normal business hours or when we are not in our business office due to events or production needs.
Your account information can be removed at any time by you or by contacting us through customer support. Stored information is automatically removed after an account is dormant for 15 months.
We do offer you the opportunity to store your payment details. This is purely to support product subscriptions and as is required by our payment services provider. Such information is not stored on our servers or in the servers of our eCommerce system, but within Stripe, Inc. (payment processor) servers. At no time will we have access to your payment details.
We may opt to process refunds to you through applying a credit to your User Account. This is a safe and easy means to allow you an easy way to exchange a purchase or replace an item that was damaged in shipping if you wish to select a different item. We will notify you through the email address associated with the order when a credit is applied to your account, if one exists. Gift card value and information can also be stored in this manner. Credits and gift card value can then be applied to future purchases online once linked to your account.
If you had made purchases under the same email address as a guest, it is possible for us to migrate those orders to your account once it is established. This is a very manual process and requires you to contact customer service.
MEMBERSHIPS – Primp + Jol Club
For Fall 2020 we are making some changes and improvements to our loyalty & reward club. As part of these changes, we have moved our Primp+Jol Club Policies to a new page as they are distinctly unique to Memberships. See the Membership Policies here: P+J CLUB POLICIES
As a Primp+Jol Club Member, you agree to all the Terms, Rules and Policies of Club Membership and understand that violation of said policies can lead to cancellation of Membership. Please read the policies before joining Primp+Jol Club.
The capability to allow pre-orders for products has been added to our online store. The core purpose is to control demand of hot new products or items with limited availability. Pre-Orders will normally charge the listed price at the time of placing the order and will ship on or within 24 hours of the date listed, unless otherwise noted in the product description. Orders will be fulfilled in chronological order from date and time of receipt.
If the price is lowered between the date you placed your pre-order and the day it ships, you will receive a refund for the difference (inc. taxes paid). Unlike other sellers, we will only offer pre-orders of products we make and have full ability to produce to fulfill the order. If for any reason, a situation arises that causes us to not be able to fulfill the order, those orders we cannot fulfill will receive a full refund.
The Pre Order system will not permit the combination of Pre Orders and regular items, or multiple Pre Orders within a single order. This is related to how they are billed to your credit/debit card as required as part of anti-fraud protections banks impose.
COUPONS AND DISCOUNTS
We offer numerous discounts and coupon codes throughout the year for any number of reasons; with each discount code having its own properties and expiration date. It is your responsibility to ensure the application of a discount code is valid for your intended application to an order and your use is in accordance with the terms of the coupon. That means you must meet the requirements and be within the time period of the coupon’s validity to rightfully use.
Some discount codes are earned based upon a previous transactions and is issued solely to you for a future transaction. We cannot apply such discounts to previous transactions or apply them retroactively to any purchase. If the purchased order is cancelled or refunded in its entirety; or any changes made to the order that causes that order to no longer qualify for the earned automated discount code, the coupon will cancelled and made invalid.
An example: We processed an order that met a $50 threshold that led to the rewarding of a coupon that provides Free Shipping on your next purchase. Within the return period, you ask to have a refund on an item that causes your total purchased order value to fall below the $50 threshold. This means that you no longer qualify to receive the Free Shipping Coupon and it will be nullified and no longer available for future use.
- Coupon codes must be entered as part of the checkout process in the space provided. We cannot apply coupons after your order is processed.
- Coupons will have specific situations to be met when applied – item quantity, minimum order value, or cannot be stacked with other discounts. Please ensure your ordering meets the coupon requirements.
- Coupons may be cancelled before listed expiration date. When this happens, we will make a public post on Facebook and cite the specific reason why. The likely cause will be an error with the coupon that can cause financial loss to our business.
- If a coupon does not work when you enter the code, we cannot force the code to work. Some coupons are a limited use discount and may be limited to quantity, customer type or account. Otherwise, check Facebook to see if there is a cancellation of the coupon first, if not posted, please email us.
- Coupons may be limited in use to specific customer types: new, existing, club members; or be restricted to a specific customer account.
Our core focus on discount codes is to help make products and our brands more attractive for new customers as well as reward customers to encourage you to come back and shop with us again. Sadly, we have to have some strict rules to ensure we can continue to offer these discounts without raising our prices. By being a value priced brand of premium goods, our pricing is a delicate balance across all goods and services. Extreme Coupon use will be restricted, orders placed that exploits coupon rules can be deleted and refunded.
GIFT CARDS/CERTIFICATES, GIFT CREDIT, ACCOUNT CREDIT
We do not provide physical GIFT CARDS or CERTIFICATES at this time. Gift Credit and Account Credit operate in much the same manner when it comes to purchasing. Gift Credit is when you receive a gifted account value from another person or yourself. Once you accept and activate the value, it is applied as a balance to be stored within your account. Account credit is a dollar value balance carried within your personal account. This balance can be used to purchase any goods or services in our online store. These operate as a Gift Certificate and will not expire and will not be assessed any fees.
We may issue ACCOUNT CREDIT as a reward, promotional event, to issue a refund or reimburse for any order errors. These credits will be yours to spend any way you wish. Promotional Event credits may have a set time period to be used before they expire and are no longer available for use. Once these expire they cannot be regenerated. All other credits are yours as long as you maintain your account.
You must have an active account to store a GIFT or ACCOUNT credit for future use. Otherwise the entire value must be used within a single transaction. It is your responsibility to retain any GIFT or ACCOUNT credit details if you do not create a User Account
Purchase of GIFT CREDIT cannot be refunded or exchanged. They must be applied to a product in the process of a purchasing transaction to receive their assigned value. If there are any errors in the issuing of a paid GIFT CREDIT, we will attempt to void the credit. Upon confirmation that the CREDIT is voided, we will issue a refund to the purchasing credit card through our payment system.
The account owner that possesses the credit is responsible for how they wish to apply all or part of a balance to a sale. Once an order is placed and payment processed, we cannot alter payments or payment method in any way.
AGGRESSIVE DISCOUNTING – DISCOUNT EXPLOITS AND ABUSE
Whether accidental or intentional, abuses and exploits can lead to discounts on our products and services that would cause us to lose money. If there are signs of abuse, utilizing an exploit or otherwise obtaining a overly substantial discount that causes a product to be sold at or below cost will lead to the order not being processed. We will contact you that there was an “Aggressive Discount” applied to this order and we cannot process until it is corrected. If we cannot come to an agreed upon resolution, your order will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund. All correction notices to coupons and other discounts will be posted publicly to Facebook
We are working to rebuild the capacity to ship to select European locations. Due to EU laws regarding taxation, privacy and other personal protections we wish to ensure we meet all requirements before we re-launch this capability. As soon as it is available again, we will update our policies.
FRAUDULENT CHARGES ON YOUR CREDIT CARD – NON CUSTOMER or CUSTOMER
If you discover that your credit card was used to purchase products or services that you did not make, please contact the card issuing bank immediately. They will contact us on how to handle this issue and ensure accurate processing of your claim. We cannot take any action without working with your card issuing bank first. Nearly all debit and credit card issuing banks offer a level of fraudulent use coverage for their customers.
It is imperative that you file a claim with the bank that issued you the card. We cannot file that claim for you. If you are not a customer we legally cannot provide any information to you in relation to any transaction or order you did not make. Please note, we never see a Credit Card number, expiration date, security code at any time during placing or processing an order. If your personal identification was inappropriately or illegally used to place an order with us, we can only work with the involved financial institutions for your security and our own.
In the event we can determine without any doubt that an order placed in relation to your claim, and it has not been processed or shipped, we will place a hold on processing and notify that customer there is a payment issue. We will not ship the order until the matter is resolved – including cancel or refund. To do this, we ask for you to inform us of the date and total value of the charge if your bank does not contact us fast enough.
Stripe Inc. is our payment processing gateway. They are very specialized in handling personal identity and payment security for online sellers like ourselves. If payment was authorized by them, that means whoever used your credit card, likely stole more details of your identity to allow this to happen. This makes it even more important to take action to file a claim with your bank first!
We respect intellectual property [IP] and will defend our intellectual property when violated. Our IP may or may not be fully registered but are still fully protected by US and International law. Use or application of our IP, no matter how innocuous or innocently done is still theft. At this time we have firmly established these Trademarks as we work to have them fully registered for the added protection it offers.
J&L Pogonotrophics and J&L Apothecary Brand are wholly owned trademarks. All images, product descriptions, product formulas, logos and original content are the property of J&L Pogonotrophics LLC. We retain our rights in all channels and when shared through social media.
Original Beard Butter, Junk Oil, Junk Grease, Quotidian, Bulwark, Oil Five and Clay Mask System are original properties of J&L Pogonotrophics LLC and cannot be replicated without permission. Their formulas, names (whole or in part) and characteristics are protected by applicable Trademarks and Copyrights where permitted. Any product that is not made by J&L Pogonotrophics LLC that uses the name or references to BEARD BUTTER is in violation of our Trademark and has not sought permission or paid for use. We consider these products to be a violation of our Intellectual Property and we may seek legal action and compensation for their unauthorized use.
“Be You: Be Epic!” is a Trademark of J&L Pogonotrophics LLC.
Sharing or use of any of our intellectual property for financial gain is a violation of our intellectual property rights and the law. If you wish to secure rights to use or share our IP, please contact us in writing. Those who are currently using any of our Trademarks can be penalized, forced to remove their offending products from the public market and pay restitution to us unless a licensing arrangement can be created. Do note, a trademark does not require registration to protect nor does lack of registration remove our rights. Registration of trademarks only make it easier for us to obtain injunctions and compensation.
ORDER PROCESSING & FULFILLMENT
Orders are processed in chronological order in which they are received.
Orders are processed Monday through Friday unless closed for holidays or special events where we are not in our offices. To track our events, please follow us on Facebook. All current orders available at the start of our business day will be processed that day to be shipped within 2 days from that point. Please allow an extra day for Expanded Assortment or Customized items, custom orders will be given a quoted ship date. Pick up from Carrier can be up to 72 hours after we have marked your order as COMPLETE.
ORDER GROUPING: If we receive more than 1 order from a single customer, shipping to the same address, we will ship the orders in the same package at the time of order fulfillment & shipping. If warranted, we may refund the difference from the appropriate maximum shipping rate based upon product shipping class. If an order contains any item that is in the Heavy Class, the heavy rate will be charged even in the event that another order includes FREE shipping. Heavy Class items are always excluded from Free Shipping as a policy.
ORDER GROUPING – SUBSCRIPTIONS: We will do our best to ship your subscription items together when ordered together. This is a manual step we will take to ensure you get your items as you may have intended. Shipping rates are locked and cannot be adjusted as per the terms of the Subscription system. Select items have shipping fee included, in part or whole, into the price of the item. Subscriptions are excluded from FREE Shipping per policy as the items are already discounted as a benefit of the subscription service.
There is no guarantee on delivery dates, processing times or transit time. Once an order is set as complete and given to the carrier for shipping we have no control over the time it may take from there. We do our best to process orders within 1 business day of receipt of your order. All orders are shipped insured for our protection.
If there are any special instructions related to your order – such as helpful instructions for the carrier, reasonable packaging requests or pertinent information – please utilize the notes/comments field at checkout.
LOCAL CURBSIDE PICKUP
This is a new feature we introduced during the 2020 Holiday Season.
ALL Local Curbside Pickup orders will require an appointment for pickup to be scheduled at time of checkout. You are welcome to choose any available appointment window. We must require appointments due to the nature of our location and staffing limitations. It is expected that your order is picked up within your appointment window to ensure proper service. If you cannot arrange to pick up your order during your appointment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curbside Pickup is open to every US customer when shopping. This is a setting that cannot be changed. Do not select Curbside Pickup if you are not intending to actually pickup the order.
- Once payment is applied, the fulfillment method is locked. As the appointment scheduling is done before finalizing your order and beginning the payment process; if you are in a position to select a date and time for an appointment it means you have selected Curbside Pickup – change your fulfillment method top changing before sending your order for payment.
- Local Curbside Pickup orders not picked up will be cancelled and a refund issued minus bank processing fees.
- We cannot convert your order to be shipped unless the value would qualify for Free Shipping. We do not have means to securely charge you for any changes to your order. Any order that is set for Pickup that is not picked up, will NOT automatically ship – we must receive validation initiated by the customer before we will ship the order.
- We cannot add items to your order for you to pay for at the time of Pickup – we do not have the means to securely charge you for any changes to your order.
- If you place a second pick-up order, you may not be able to select the same pick up time. Please contact us for a solution after you placed your order.
- Pickup will not be available same day. All orders will require a minimum of a full business day to process. Earlier appointment times will not be available. If a time is not showing being available, it is not available.
- If you cannot make your scheduled appointment, we will offer a new scheduled date and time for your scheduled Pickup. If the second scheduled appointment is not able to be met, we will cancel and issue a refund (minus bank fees).
- Pickups will literally be CURBSIDE. Your order confirmation will include details on how and where to obtain your order, as well as any other steps that may need to be taken due to current health situations.
The only way we can offer this service, especially during a busier time for business, is by setting such policies. Please honor this system so we can continue to offer this service for everyone in our area.
There is a limited window where we can make changes to your order. Any changes that would increase the charges for the order will require payment via an invoice emailed to you before the order is shipped. Once an order has been shipped, no changes can be applied.
USPS SHIPPING and RELATED ISSUES
Since we use the United States Postal Service for all order shipping, we cannot ship on any holiday they are closed or in the case of extreme weather that restricts the ability to transport or deliver your package. USPS has more freedom to make sure the package gets to your door over other carriers, but there are still limitations. It is your responsibility to work with your local carrier if there are any issues that would prevent them from gaining access to your mailbox or home. We are not responsible for packages that cannot be delivered because of missing mailboxes, obstructed doors, unsafe entry ways, etc. If a package is returned to us undelivered for such situations we will refund the cost of goods but not the shipping charge as that service was provided. If your package is stolen, please report this to your carrier through USPS website as well as file a police report, then contact us with confirmation that these steps were taken. It is important that you have reported your item as missing/stolen to ensure we can process an insurance claim. If you refuse to report your package as missing/stolen to proper authorities, we cannot process a replacement or refund for this situation.
- We cannot send your order to more than 1 address – contact us for custom orders if necessary, we can arrange all your needs and can possibly save you on shipping charges if your order qualifies.
- We do not offer express delivery options – USPS is as fast as or faster than FedEx & UPS 3 day anyway.
- The window to cancel an order is very narrow – we cannot cancel orders once shipped. To be fully refunded for the order you must ensure the package is returned with goods in sellable condition. We will not refund the initial shipping fee as the service was provided and cancellation was after a reasonable period of time.
- If an incorrect address was given for delivery causing a return of the package to us we will require a shipping fee payment of the actual rate to re-ship the package. If you opt to accept a refund we will not refund the shipping fee and may apply a restocking fee for the inconvenience.
Shipping fees as charged are LESS THAN the actual costs we pay to ship. They are to offset the cost of postage, packaging and added labor to process your order for shipping. Our shipping fees help us keep our overall pricing lower. You will find that your total price paid, including shipping, is likely lower than many of our direct competitors for like items, even when they offer free shipping.
- Shipping Fee/Postage is a separate charge for a specific service that is provided. If the service was completed per reasonable expectation Shipping Fees will not be available for refund under any circumstance.
- Shipping rates charged are posted at the point of checkout. It is your obligation to select the preferred method and rate that is available to you when a choice is presented. We cannot alter your shipping method after we have received your order.
- Shipping costs have increased exponentially every year. Because of this we must find a balance to shipping fees versus individual product price increases.
- Shipping is charged based upon the item with the highest Rate Class in the order.
INCOMPLETE OR INCORRECT ORDERS
Despite being as thorough as possible, simple errors happen. If you receive an incorrect item we will reship the correct item at no charge. The shipping cannot be expedited. If you are missing an item, please report it immediately so we can analyze the situation and determine a resolution.
- Discrepancies must be reported within 24 hours of receipt to be processed.
- Item packaging cannot show any signs of being tampered with for a refund. If tampering is evident, we will process as a damaged shipment (see below).
- If you receive more than you ordered, enjoy the free gift.
TO CONTACT US FOR ANY ORDER RELATED ISSUE:
There are hidden costs to doing business online. These costs are often absorbed and factored into the pricing of our products. For example, we do not charge the full shipping rate as our fees as charged are below the rates we pay. There is also added work to be performed to re-enter product into our inventory after it was processed for shipment – it is not as simple as placing it back on the shelf. There are also charges applied to us for refunding payment and there is no refund to us for a completed delivery by USPS. There is the possibility of lost sales on goods that are awaiting return from cancelled sales. For this reason, we apply a restocking fee for those times we are forced to take back product that was sold and shipped in good faith as reasonably expected.
Our restocking fee is 15% of the charged total for goods sold that are being cancelled or returned. Shipping fees are only refunded if the order has not left our facility. At our discretion we may waive all or part of the restocking fee based upon mitigating circumstances with an order or customer issue.
DAMAGED OR DEFECTIVE PRODUCT
- We do our best to ensure you are sent a quality product. When dealing with natural products there can be inconsistencies and unexpected changes to the product after production.
- First, do not use a questionable or damaged product until you have contacted us and assured that the product is safe to use. Contact us via email@example.com or Facebook Messenger
- Our items can be very temperature and humidity sensitive. Air, heat, moisture, cold can all have very negative effects on appearance or consistency. Most are short term and can easily be corrected, others may require replacement of your item.
- We will suggest some tips on how to correct environmental causes that affect the state of the product. For example, a wax or butter may be very soft or liquefied when transported under periods of higher temperatures. These items are best suited to be chilled lightly before opening. Easy fixes like this will not warrant a replacement or refund as it is very normal and expected; relating directly to the natural characteristics of the product.
- If you smell rancidity of any of our oils, we will replace it or give credit within 1 week from purchase. Rancid oil will not look any different, but will have a stronger “nutty” fragrance that is quite noticeable and will overpower that fragrance of the item. This can be caused by prolonged exposure to heat or can happen over time. Sometimes it happens randomly for no known reason. It is often unpredictable and impossible for us to recognize in a closed container before shipping.
- Replacements are always shipped at no charge and as immediately as possible. Please share with us as many details as you can to help us identify a cause, if possible, which can lead to correcting the issue for the future.
- A damaged package will lead to a claim filed with USPS. Please retain packaging for this claim to be processed. Your assistance may be required in the processing of this claim. We anticipate that you will cooperate with any requests of the United States Postal Service in their investigation.
Concealed damage from shipping can occur. Report receipt of a damaged package immediately and before opening. If you see signs of liquid damage to your package it is possible that something inside leaked. Here are some things to do:
- Contact us immediately! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Take pictures of the package.
- Carefully open the package on a solid non-porous surface (like a kitchen counter or over a plastic sheet).
- Wear gloves – caution: some items are in glass bottles and could have broken. Protect yourself!
- Look through the package to determine if there are open or damaged items; or if the liquid is from an external source.
- Take more pictures; Of the package and the contents.
- Any external damage will require us to file a claim with USPS. Your pictures will be of tremendous help.
- If item(s) leaked because a lid was not tight or cap popped open, then that is wholly our fault and we will replace affected items.
- Wash unaffected items with soapy warm water and they should be good to use.
- Report within 24 hours of receipt to start the process. We cannot process claims on packages or products after that time as it presents too many variables and can lead to an immediate denial of claim by the carrier.
Failure to report damage within a reasonable period of time can result in denial of claim. We will not process any claims for damage that are filed 5 days after receipt.
TO CONTACT US FOR ANY ORDER RELATED ISSUE:
Please have your order number ready to assist in processing.
EXCHANGES, RETURNS, REFUNDS
Please have your order number ready to assist in processing.
Unless otherwise specifically instructed, we do not accept unauthorized returns for individual items. If instructed to return an item, please do so in accordance with the instructions. Return shipping will be paid by us in these situations.
REFUNDS may be issued as Account Credit at our discretion. Any credit refund processed will have bank processing fees and restocking fees deducted if the
What qualifies for an exchange, return or refund:
- Product was unusable due to leakage, damage, or other specific quality of product or packaging issue within a reasonable period of time after purchase.
- An unforeseen allergic reaction or sensitivity to an ingredient used. You must have not known to have been allergic to this ingredient before application.
- A gift item where you were unaware of the recipient having an allergy and you have no use for the product for yourself.
- Items that were not the correct item as ordered.
- Orders reported as lost or stolen will be exchanged for the exact same items as ordered. If an order was custom or limited quantity, we will refund the cost (plus tax) of those items only.
What does not qualify for an exchange, return or refund:
- Unhappy with or dislike of scent/fragrance/aroma/flavor of a product. Very descriptive details are provided to assist you in making your choice. Reactions to such features are highly subjective and personal and for that reason cannot be guaranteed.
- Allergic reaction to a known allergy to a listed ingredient. Please read the contents clearly to ensure their safety. We cannot be responsible for reaction to a known allergy that was overlooked or ignored.
- Product that was received in a poor condition and was not reported within the required time period. Damaged packages or items must be reported immediately (no later than 12:00pm CT of the day following when the packaged was noted as being delivered. Please do not delay. If time lapses it becomes nearly impossible to determine causation and to work with proper partners to resolve the issue.
- We do not offer a broad “100% Satisfaction Guarantee”. Such an offer would require us to charge a significantly higher price as insurance for such a policy. We professionally handle all dissatisfied customers to ensure they are happy with their purchase and will gladly refund or replace defective or under performing products. By offering such a general policy, we open ourselves up for abuse. We are not that large of an operation where we can offer such openly without risking financial losses.
We will work with you on any Refund or Exchange to determine what is best. We want you to be happy with your purchase and your experience with us overall. Every inquiry is treated professionally and with an exchange of information between us to determine what needs to happen and how a resolution can be achieved. To be honest, we do not necessarily have a satisfaction guaranteed policy as we are working with highly subjective tastes and expectations. But, if you are not fully enjoying the product for its intended purpose by using it correctly we will strive to make your experience better. That may mean sending you a product that is more suited to your needs, advice on more effective ways to use the product or simply give you a refund via Account Credit.
ABUSE OF POLICIES
Sadly, such liberal policies can be abused. We do log all customer interactions so we can provide better service as well as to track potential patterns. Abuse of our policies leads to an increase in costs, directly affecting the price everyone will pay. Each reported issue is treated case-by-case with acknowledgement of past issues. We reserve the right to refuse to enact our stated policies when there is significant evidence of abuse or questionable activity.
TO CONTACT US FOR ANY ORDER RELATED ISSUE:
ALLERGIES AND SENSITIVITIES
A NOTE ON ALLERGIES
We strive to list every ingredient that we use in each of our products. A full and current list of ingredients is posted on the product page on the website. We deeply encourage you to read and review all product information, most importantly the ingredients we use. None of our products are for internal use with the exception of Lip Balm which is non-toxic and safe when used as intended. Always wash your hands before and after applying our products, and please don’t eat them or dare someone to eat them. If there is any question on an ingredient, please contact us or do outside research before deciding to purchase.
It is important that you do not attempt to purchase or use a product that you may have had an allergic reaction to any of the listed ingredients at any time in the past. Your health is important to us and we wish for you to safeguard it as much as possible. Do not risk “seeing if it your allergy went away”. Allergic reactions can be fatal. We strongly encourage personal responsibility when it comes to selecting what products to apply to your body and not risk use of items that have been previously known to cause irritation, or worse. We cannot be held liable if you were aware of your allergy and used the product with full knowledge of your potential reactions.
Although a product may not contain a known allergen, we do make all of our products in an environment where other ingredients are stored. Although cross-contamination is strictly avoided we must disclose this fact to you for your safety.
It is highly possible a person can be allergic or demonstrate sensitivities to any of our natural ingredients. Organic plant-based components all carry the ability to cause a negative reaction with your body. Even if you have shown no previous reaction in the past. We strongly suggest performing a patch test of any new product formula you use.
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICIES
Like many other entities, we maintain a social media presence to promote our activities and products as well as engage the public at large. There are many positives to the use of Social Media channels but there is also an underlying issue that prevents it from always being a positive experience for everyone.
The assumption of anonymity along with the removal from real repercussions for harmful actions create a huge problem for all when some individuals do not act in a respectful or reasonable manner. It is too easy for one to use a hateful tone in conjunction with hyperbole to react or to solicit a reaction from others.
We will not tolerate such behavior in any form. Derogatory, inflammatory, impolite or unprofessional speech within our social media accounts will be reported to the service provider as well as be removed/blocked by us wherever possible. False claims, inaccurate depictions and insulting behavior when commenting on our company, our products or employees and representatives can result in legal action as well. If you have an issue with a service or product we would expect you to come directly to us before creating a social media post. There are numerous means of contacting us through every profile and through our website; and that is expected always be your first course of action. We can not act upon Social Media, only react. We are certain you would prefer us to contact you directly when there is an issue, please do the same for us.
By accepting these Policies and Terms at Point of Sale/Time of Purchase, you agree to bring any issues, complaints or problems to us before posting to social media. Any communication with you is considered personal and private; and should be handled as such by all involved parties. We pride ourselves on our positive reviews of our brand and our products; and to not give us a chance to make things better before you make your issue public is not how we would handle your issue, please treat us in kind. If you create a harsh negative complaint on social media before contacting us and giving us reasonable time to respond we will handle your complaint as hostile and process in kind. We will handle your issue and then delete you account and block you from future purchases as well as our social media. We will not tolerate abusive, hostile or antagonistic actions by anyone. This also goes for when you do contact us first. There are some who feel that yelling, insulting, making threats and acting in a hostile manner is a means to get a favorable result. Once we receive any of this behavior targeted towards us publicly, or privately, will result in your issue being placed on hold until it is demonstrated that you can act respectfully and professionally.
Please understand we do not assume our customers would act in such a way. It is necessary to lay some base level expectations as well as strongly stated responses to protect us and respect all our awesome customers who are always a joy to communicate with.