Our mission is to make this information useful and easily understood. We respect you and wish to ensure you have the most positive experience with us as you can. Most of our policies in regards to products and services are flexible as they are guidelines to build consistency. They are meant to protect you and permit a building of trust.
We take privacy very seriously here at J&L. You are entrusting us with a lot of your personal information and we do not wish for it to end up in the wrong hands. Here are the key points of how we will preserve and protect your personal information.
We define personal information as: name, address, phone numbers, email addresses, credit card/payment information, order history, order details and social media information when shared; or any other information you may provide that relates to the outlined information above.
We use 3rd party systems for payment verification and for order fulfillment via the United States Postal Service. These systems only obtain the specific information to perform the necessary process they provide. We never have access to your credit card information, all details related to your payment is processed by Stripe Inc. for the sole purpose of verifying your identity and retrieve authorization to process the payment. In turn, we only receive the bank authorization code in conjunction with your order information. USPS only used your provided address to ensure accurate delivery of your order and does so in accordance with United States laws and regulations.
Customers may also opt to be a part of our irregularly scheduled newsletters sent through MailChimp. You can opt out at any time through the link at the bottom of a received email, through MailChimp directly or by contacting us through customer support. Information linked to your identity is name and email address as provided by you. You are free to use any name you wish so to not be easily identified. We strongly encourage first name only, last initial if you wish.
YOUR USER ACCOUNT
You are invited to create an account to track your order history, save addresses and other personal information. This information is protected by a password you create to guard against unwanted viewing by others. We have limited access to information you provide within your account: your billing and shipping addresses, name, phone number and email in relation to any orders placed under any specific account.
We cannot access your password. If you are unable to access your account you must go through the process to reset your password. We can send you an email manually if you are not prompted to do start the process yourself. Please contact email@example.com to initiate this process.
Your account information can be removed at any time by you or by contacting us through customer support. Stored information is automatically removed after an account is dormant for 15 months.
We do offer you the opportunity to store your payment details. This is purely to support product subscriptions as is required by our payment services provider. Such information is not stored on our servers or in the servers of our eCommerce system, but within Stripe, Inc. servers. We never have access to your payment information.
We may opt to process refunds to you through applying a store credit to your account. This is a safe and easy means to allow you a means to exchange a purchase or replace an item that was damaged in shipping if you wish to select a different item. We will notify you through the email address associated with the order when a credit is applied to your account, if one exists. Gift card value and information can also be stored in this manner. Credits and gift card value can then be applied to future purchases online.
We are working to rebuild the capacity to ship to select European locations. Due to EU laws regarding taxation, privacy and other personal protections we wish to ensure we meet all requirements before we re-launch this capability. As soon as it is available again, we will update our policies.
FRAUDULENT CHARGES ON YOUR CREDIT CARD
If you discover that your credit card was used to purchase products or services that you did not make, please contact the card issuing bank immediately. They will contact us on how to handle this issue and ensure accurate processing of your claim. We will not issue a refund without working with your card issuing bank first.
We respect intellectual property [IP] and will defend our intellectual property when violated. Our IP may or may not be fully registered but are still fully protected by US and International law. Use or application of our IP, no matter how innocuous or innocently done is still theft.
J&L Pogonotrophics and J&L Apothecary Brand are wholly owned trademarks. All images, product descriptions, product formulas, logos and original content are the property of J&L Pogonotrophics LLC. We retain our rights in all channels and when shared through social media.
Original Beard Butter, Junk Oil and Clay Mask System are original properties of J&L Pogonotrophics LLC and cannot be replicated without permission. Their formulas, names (whole or in part) and characteristics are protected by Trademarks and Copyrights.
“Be You: Be Epic!” is a Trademark of J&L Pogonotrophics.
Sharing or use of any of our intellectual property for financial gain is a violation of our rights. If you wish to secure rights to use or share our IP, please contact us in writing.
ORDER PROCESSING & FULFILLMENT
Orders are processed in chronological order in which they are received.
Orders are processed Monday through Friday unless closed for holidays or special events where we are not in our offices. To track our events, please follow us on Facebook. All current orders available at the start of our business day will be processed that day to be shipped out that day. Please allow an extra day for Expanded Assortment items, custom orders will be given a quoted ship date.
SPECIAL NOTE: All sellable inventory is located at our current Pop-Up Shop, which is open limited hours. Orders will be processed on the days the Pop-Up Shop is open and shipped as quickly as possible.
There is no guarantee on delivery dates, processing times or transit time. Once an order is set as complete and given to USPS for shipping we have no control over the time it may take from there. We do our best to process orders within 1 business day of receipt of your order. All orders are shipped insured for our protection.
If there are any special instructions related to your order – such as helpful instructions for the carrier, reasonable packaging requests or pertinent information – please utilize the notes/comments field at time of order.
There is a limited window where we can make changes to your order. Any changes that would increase the charges for the order will require payment via an invoice emailed to you before the order is shipped. Once an order has been shipped, no changes can be applied.
Since we use the United States Postal Service for all order shipping, we cannot ship on any holiday they are closed or in the case of extreme weather that restricts the ability to transport or deliver your package. USPS has more freedom to ensure the package gets to your door over other carriers, but there are still limitations. It is your responsibility to work with your local carrier if there are any issues that would prevent them from gaining access to your mailbox or home. We are not responsible for packages that cannot be delivered because of missing mailboxes, obstructed doors, unsafe entry ways, etc. If a package is returned to us undelivered for such situations we will refund the cost of goods but not the shipping charge as that service was provided.
- We cannot send your order to more than 1 address – contact us for custom orders if necessary, we can arrange all your needs and can possibly save you on shipping charges if your order qualifies.
- We do not offer express delivery options – USPS is as fast as or faster than FedEx & UPS 3 day anyway.
- The window to cancel an order is very narrow – we cannot cancel orders once shipped. To be refunded for the order you must ensure the package is returned with goods in sellable condition. We will not refund the initial shipping fee as the service was provided and cancellation was after a reasonable period of time.
- If an incorrect address was given for delivery causing a return of the package to us we will require a shipping fee payment of the actual rate to re-ship the package. If you opt to accept a refund we will not refund the shipping fee and may apply a restocking fee for the inconvenience.
Shipping fees as charged are LESS THAN the actual costs we pay. They are to offset the cost of postage, packaging and added labor. Our shipping fees help us keep our overall pricing lower. You will find that your total price paid, including shipping, is likely lower than many of our direct competitors for like items.
- Postage is a separate charge for a specific service that is provided. If the service was completed per reasonable expectation we will not refund shipping fees.
- Shipping rates charged are posted at the point of checkout. It is your obligation to select the preferred method and rate that is available to you. Free Shipping is an option for orders over a specified threshold, to ensure you receive the FREE rate you must select that option. We will not refund paid shipping if you failed to select the correct rate at checkout.
- Shipping is charged based upon the highest fee for included items. Although we have varying rates related to items and weight, the lower rates are exclusive to select items. Once an item that carries a higher rate is added to your cart, that higher rate will be charged. Our “flat rate” shipping charge is for the most common orders. Our “Saver” fee is charged for very small items of less than 30 ounces and under $50.00 in total. Heavy items carry an added charge, higher for the furthest shipping zones. Our maximum Shipping Fee is $10 for orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii and heavy items shipping to Arizona, California, Florida, Oregon and Washington.
INCOMPLETE OR INCORRECT ORDERS
Despite being as thorough as possible, simple errors happen. If you receive an incorrect item we will reship the correct item at no charge. The shipping cannot be expedited. If you are missing an item, please report it immediately so we can analyze the situation.
- Discrepancies must be reported within 24 hours of receipt to be processed.
- Item packaging cannot show any signs of being tampered with for a refund. If tampering is evident, we will process as a damaged shipment (see below).
- If you receive more than you ordered, enjoy the free gift.
TO CONTACT US FOR ANY ORDER RELATED ISSUE:
There are hidden costs to doing business online. These costs are often absorbed and factored into the pricing of our products. For example, we do not charge the full shipping rate as our fees as charged are below the rates we pay. There is also added work to be performed to re-enter product into our inventory after it was processed for shipment – it is not as simple as placing it back on the shelf. There are also charges applied to us for refunding payment and there is no refund for a completed delivery by USPS. There is the possibility of lost sales on goods that are awaiting return from cancelled sales. For this reason, we apply a restocking fee for those times we are forced to take back product that was sold and shipped in good faith as reasonably expected.
Our restocking fee is 15% of the charged total for goods sold that are being cancelled or returned. Shipping fees are only refunded if the order has not left our facility. At our discretion we may waive all or part of the restocking fee based upon mitigating circumstances with an order or customer issue.
DAMAGED OR DEFECTIVE PRODUCT
- We do our best to ensure you are sent a quality product. When dealing with natural products there can be inconsistencies and unexpected changes to the product after production.
- First, do not use a questionable or damaged product until you have contacted us and assured that the product is safe to use. Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook Messenger
- Our items can be very temperature and humidity sensitive. Air, heat, moisture, cold can all have very negative effects on appearance or consistency. Most are short term and can easily be corrected, others may require replacement of your item.
- We will suggest some tips on how to correct environmental changes that affect the state of the product. For example, a wax or butter may be very soft or liquefied when transported under periods of higher temperatures. These items are best suited to be chilled lightly before opening. Easy fixes like this will not warrant a replacement or refund as it is very normal and expected; relating directly to the characteristics of the product.
- If you smell rancidity of any of our oils, we will replace it or give credit. This can be caused by prolonged exposure to heat or can happen over time. Sometimes it happens randomly for no known reason. It is often unpredictable and impossible for us to recognize in a closed container before shipping.
- Replacements are always shipped at no charge and as immediately as possible. Please share with us as many details as you can to help us identify a cause if possible which can lead to correcting issues if possible.
- A damaged package will lead to a claim filed with USPS. Please retain packaging for this claim to be processed. Your assistance may be required in the processing of this claim. We anticipate that your will cooperate with any requests of the United States Postal Service in their investigation.
Concealed damage from shipping can occur. Report receipt of a damaged package immediately and before opening. If you see signs of liquid damage to your package it is possible that something inside leaked. Here are some things to do:
- Contact us! email@example.com
- Take pictures!
- Carefully open the package on a solid non-porous surface (like a kitchen counter or over a plastic sheet).
- Wear gloves – caution: some items are in glass bottles and could have broken. Protect yourself!
- Look through package to determine if there are open or damaged items or if the liquid is from an external source.
- Take more pictures; Of the package and the contents.
- Any external damage will require us to file a claim with USPS. Your pictures will be of tremendous help.
- If item(s) leaked because a lid was not tight or cap popped open, then that is wholly our fault and we will replace affected items.
- Wash unaffected items with soapy warm water and they should be good to use.
- Report within 24 hours of receipt to start the process. We cannot process claims on packages or products after that time as it presents too many variables.
Failure to report damage within a reasonable period of time can result in denial of claim. We will not process any claims for damage that are filed 5 days after receipt.
TO CONTACT US FOR ANY ORDER RELATED ISSUE:
Please have your order number ready to assist in processing.
EXCHANGES, RETURNS, REFUNDS
Unless otherwise specifically instructed, we do not accept unauthorized returns for individual items. If instructed to return an item, please do so in accordance with the instructions. Return shipping will be paid by us in these situations.
What qualifies for an exchange, return or refund:
- Product was unusable due to leakage, damage, or other specific quality of product or packaging issue within a reasonable period of time after purchase.
- An unforeseen allergic reaction or sensitivity to an ingredient used. You must have not known to have been allergic to this ingredient before application.
- A gift item where you were unaware of the recipient having an allergy and you have no use for the product for yourself.
- Items that were not the correct item as ordered.
What does not qualify for an exchange, return or refund:
- Unhappy with or dislike of scent/fragrance/aroma/flavor of a product. Very descriptive details are provided to assist you in making your choice. Reactions to such features are highly subjective and personal.
- Allergic reaction to a known allergy to a listed ingredient. Please read the contents clearly.
- Product that was received in a poor condition and was not reported within the required time period. Damaged packages or items must be reported immediately after receipt. Please do not delay. If time lapses it becomes nearly impossible to determine causation.
We will work with you on any Refund or Exchange to determine what is best. We want you to be happy with your purchase and your experience with us. Every inquiry is treated professionally and with an exchange of information between us to determine what needs to happen and how a resolution can be achieved. To be honest, we do not necessarily have a satisfaction guaranteed policy as we are working with highly subjective tastes and expectations. But, if you are not fully enjoying the product for its intended purpose by using it correctly we will strive to make your experience better. That may mean sending you a product that is more suited to your needs, advice on more effective ways to use the product or simply give you a refund.
ABUSE OF POLICIES
Sadly, such liberal policies can be abused. We do log all customer interactions so we can provide better service as well as to track potential patterns. Abuse of our policies leads to an increase in costs, directly affecting the price everyone will pay. Each reported issue is treated case-by-case with acknowledgement of past issues. We reserve the right to refuse to enact our stated policies when there is significant evidence of abuse or questionable activity.
TO CONTACT US FOR ANY ORDER RELATED ISSUE:
Please have your order number ready to assist in processing.
ALLERGIES AND SENSITIVITIES
A NOTE ON ALLERGIES
We strive to list every ingredient that we use in each of our products. A full and current list of ingredients is posted on the product page on the website. We deeply encourage you to read and review all product information, most importantly the ingredients we use. None of our products are for internal use with the exception of Lip Balm which is non-toxic and safe when used as intended. Always wash your hands before and after applying our products, and please don’t eat them or dare someone to eat them. If there is any question on an ingredient, please contact us or do outside research before deciding to purchase.
It is important that you do not attempt to purchase or use a product that you may have had an allergic reaction to any of the listed ingredients at any time in the past. Your health is important to us and we wish for you to safeguard it as much as possible. Do not risk “seeing if it your allergy went away”. Allergic reactions can be fatal. We strongly encourage personal responsibility when it comes to selecting what products to apply to your body and not risk use of items that have been previously known to cause irritation, or worse. We cannot be held liable if you were aware of your allergy and used the product with full knowledge of your potential reactions.
Although a product may not contain a known allergen, we do make all of our products in an environment where other ingredients are stored. Although cross-contamination is strictly avoided we must disclose this fact to you for your safety.
It is highly possible a person can be allergic or demonstrate sensitivities to any of our natural ingredients. Organic plant-based components all carry the ability to cause a negative reaction with your body. Even if you have shown no previous reaction in the past. We strongly suggest performing a patch test of any new product formula you use.