Local Curbside Pickup Fulfillment
CURBSIDE PICKUP PROCESS EXPLAINED
We require a minimum of 24 hours to prepare and pick your order. This is a universal time allotment to cover general needs of most orders. Many items are packaged or scented to order, which is done during our normal business hours. We may not finalize a purchased item until it is ordered, a perk a small business like ours can offer.
When selecting an appointment window, days and times available will be no earlier than 24 hours after the time your order is placed. Available dates and times are based upon our Pickup workdays and hours. If you do not see a date or time available, it is because we are closed or all available appointments are taken.
Although we are located in Chicago, the Curbside Pickup option is available to everyone who shops on our site. We cannot block anyone from seeing this option, regardless of where they reside. This has some pros and cons. This does permit customers from outside our geographic area opt to travel to pick up an order if they wish, it also means that some may accidentally make this selection who are unable to actually complete the pick up.
If you find that you cannot complete the pickup, please notify us as soon as possible via email [SUPPORT] to coordinate a means to ship your order. If you order requires paid shipping, we can invoice the shipping fee to then process your order once paid.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS – HOW PICKUP WORKS:
ALL PICKUPS ARE SCHEDULED WITH APPOINTMENT WINDOWS
Why appointment windows? We are offering CURBSIDE PICKUP as an added convenience to our local customers to allow them to save on shipping. As we are a 100% online business at this time, customers will be picking up from our private home office where we store our inventory and perform other activities. Knowing when to expect you allows us to plan for your arrival so not to disturb our other activities that may require our fullest attention. Appointment windows are 15-30 minutes, please arrive within your window.
- Choose Local Pickup at checkout as your shipping option.
- Select an available day from the dropdown box that appears under the Order Total. Once you have selected a day, available times for that day will be made available in an additional dropdown box. Pickup dates range from 2 to 10 days from date of order. Each :30 time slot has up to 6 available Pickups that can be scheduled.
- When we receive your order, you will receive the exact pickup location and instructions for arriving via automobile or by foot/public transit.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment time, please contact us [SUPPORT] as soon as possible so we can reschedule or be prepared for a modest delay. If PICKUP is no longer possible for you, we can arrange SHIPPING [payment of shipping fee may be necessary]. We will not assume you wish to have your order shipped, this will only be done if requested, and before your order exceeds our 2 week auto-cancel period.
- We are unable to add to your order in person. Due to current situations, we had to close our in-person payment system.
PICKUP ORDER CANCELLATION
- After a 2nd missed pickup appointment, we will permit one more appointment. If this 3rd appointment is missed we will cancel your order and issue a refund, minus bank processing fees and a $3 restocking fee.
- If any pickup goes 5 days without contact after a missed appointment, we will cancel your order and issue a refund minus bank processing fees.
- If you cancel your pickup order at any point, we will issue a refund, minus the bank processing fees.
- Standard bank processing fees are $0.30 + 2.9% of order total. These are fees that are not returned to us when we refund an order.
In any situation where we cancel your order, you will be notified via email of what steps we are taking and the amount of your refund. We don’t like doing this, but we must consider the inconvenience to us and other customers.
If Local Curbside Pickup functions well, we may opt to keep it going after the Holidays. Until we are able to serve customers in a face to face manner again, this is the best we can do for our local customers at this time. If this becomes chaotic, then we may not be able to sustain it full time and either remove or limit its availability.