We have a few new things to call out at the start of this new year.
We have adjusted our minimum order value for Free Shipping back to the pre-Holiday minimum value of $69 (subtotal, before shipping and after discounts).
Shipping fees will likely rise as our shipping costs have increased and are likely to increase again very soon. It looks as if we will settle on $4 for extra light orders, $7 for standard orders. Because of the increased weight of Candles and Shower Gel, those items carry an increased selling price to cover the added expense of shipping they require. These rates will take effect late this month after we settle on other shipping related terms.
Shipping can be a deterrent to making a purchase online. Our goal here is to keep our every day prices low, charge a nominal flat shipping fee and make it possible to earn Free Shipping through increase order values. If you want Free Shipping on every order, you may wish to consider our PRIMP+JÖL CLUB as a full member. A small annual or quarterly fee offers you a discount on every item as well as every order shipping 100% free no matter how small.
Coupons are an important part of any marketing plan. They can also be ineffective in driving customers to our store if not perceived as a real value. While our competitors often go big with 40%, 50% or higher offers select products to draw you in; we don’t have the room in our pricing to retain any profits if we were to offer such attractive discounts. Like them, we could raise our prices on many of our products but we feel that leads to a new customer that received such a discount coming back. Our mission is to grow organically, increase our sales through existing customs along side of earning new customers.
We are going to alter are concept around coupons to make them more impactful but targeted to a specific product or category that we are going to highlight during the promotional period. Such a period will be month long and relate to the seasonality of the product. These coupons will expire at the end of the promotion period.
Earned Free Shipping via Coupon will also be another method to attract new customers or encourage a return customer. Coupons relating to either a lower cart minimum or inclusion of certain items may be more available. These coupons may carry an extended period of time before expiring.
We are going to remove all our current coupon offers from being auto generated until we create our marketing plan for this year. Those coupons that have already been issued will remain valid. In lieu of auto-generating a coupon after a purchase to encourage a review, we are creating a review reward program to earn store credit. This is still in the works and we will announce more if this gets through the development stage. Basically, we need to make sure it will function as intended and not come into conflict with policies of our online partners.
OUR ANNIVERSARY IS COMING
J&L Pogonotrophics was officially created on February 5, 2014. That means we are a month away from our 7th Anniversary! Expect some special promotions and deals all month long. We began as a beard oil and conditioning product maker and have expanded into a full line of bath & body basics for all. With the inclusion of JÖL, we are moving into home and lifestyle products. Still not a “lifestyle brand”!
Time brings change and we do have changes to be made this year. 2020 offered lots of setbacks for us and we have to make some changes. A few products are going away to likely not come back; some may come back when the time is right. We are changing up our focus on fragrances to make it easier to understand them, and make more available – just not year round.
On the chopping block are our Clay Mask System and all our clay powders. All the remaining inventory will be deleted and removed from our site soon. Shaving Soap in a Jar is done. We will retain the individual bars as well as introduce a replacement product that we are sure Guys will enjoy. Shower Gel is all new, and will see a change already. We have not been happy with a key ingredient that we use and will be looking to replace it with something that performs even better. Not that there is anything wrong with what we are making now, we just want to make it less challenging for us to make.
New stuff that is coming soon or in the development:
- Stick Deodorant, 100% natural and good for all skin. No baking soda, aluminum magnesium! Expect a February launch
- Utility Bars for Men: A new line of bar soaps that are solid performing soap that works on skin, hair and shaving. These will be offered in our most popular Men’s fragrances as well as a couple specialized formulas. Expect these in March
- More Candles. Y’all loved them and so do we. We are looking into introducing 2 new seasonal scents for Spring and Summer (Balsam+Cedar will return next winter). We are also considering a smaller size too.
- Scented Sprays in the same scents as our candles – Summer 2021?
- We are looking into a couple epicurean items; like spice blends for cocktails and cooking. Late Summer 2021?
- Shampoo and Conditioner will return in late Spring. These items were deleted due to supply chain issues as well as needing to align with our new focus on simplicity. Expect one or two new shampoos as well as a solid performing conditioner that is designed to work specifically with our shampoos for those with dry hair.
- Utility Gel: a new Shower Gel that is good for all over. Similar in concept to our Utility Bars for men, but good for all. With our soap base being so gentle, we can offer a light shampoo and body wash in one. Seriously, ladies will love this too. Expect Summer 2021
We have so much going on here and we are doing our best to improve on everything we do and still offer it all at a value when compared to other artisan bath & body care makers. Thank you for reading this and email us if you have any feedback – or comment on this post!
Hope your New Year is a happy one!