Them: “Big Name Brand” commonly found online and in select barbershop chains.
30ml / 1 oz bottle of beard oil. $20 – $35
- 7 Scents – base formula varies by scent, but not specialized for any special benefit to the user.
- Best base oil used: Argan, & Jojoba. Uses “cheap” filler oils (oils with little or no hair conditioning benefits or have a high rancidity factor) such as Castor & Olive Oil. Other beneficial oils used: Almond, Safflower, Grapeseed
- Filled into clear glass bottles – does not provide UV protection
Us: “Little Specialty Brand” with a hard to pronounce name.
30ml / 1 oz bottle of beard oil. All are $15
- 10+ scents, each available in 3 specialized formulas that target light, medium and heavy conditioning needs.
- Best Base oil used: Organic Argan & Organic Jojoba. No Castor or Olive Oil, no “filler” oils are used. Other beneficial oils used: Almond, Apricot, Avocado, Babassu, Coconut, Grapeseed (use and quantity varies by formula to focus on the unique strengths of each oil).
- Filled into dark blue glass bottles – provides UV protection to allow your oil to last longer without going rancid.
It is important to know what is in your beard oil. Not everything other brands will use are genuinely good for your skin or hair, nor worthy of the price they charge. With J&L Pogonotrophics, each formula is specially blended with 100% beneficial oils designed to give the right level of conditioning your beard needs.
Do not buy oil in clear bottles. Tinted glass bottles are the first line of defense against a natural oil’s enemy – light. Colored glass costs the same as clear, so why not protect your customers purchase?
We could charge more for our products, by using the highest quality ingredients that are in their purest forms; and using only natural and essential oils for fragrance. We strongly feel that charging a fair price helps you to use them as intended as part of a regular care regimen. By being a comparative value allows more men to have access to quality products for conditioning and grooming their facial hair. We sincerely want you to Be Epic and show it every day. We want you to feel great knowing you are using a quality product that is made by bearded gents who have thoroughly tested every product they make and sell to ensure it performs as intended.